MATCHED BETTING IS IDEAL FOR MUMS
It’s no secret that I love matched betting. It gives me a substantial amount of extra cash each month for very little effort. My aim through this website is to show how easy it is for anyone who has a little spare time to do this. Especially if you join a matched betting service like Profit Accumulator. But, for mums in particular, it can be a bit daunting getting started. And how can you manage it alongside full-time mum duties?
I’ve been matched betting for almost a year now. My guide to getting started will help you take those initial cautious first steps. But, with two young children to care for, it’s not always easy to find the time to do matched betting. Reflecting on how I’ve managed things, this post summarises how I manage to fit matched betting in alongside family life.
Everyone is different. So while this works for me, it may not work for you. But hopefully you can take something from this if you’re worried about how you can fit it in or are just starting out.
TAKE IT SLOWLY AT FIRST
- Work through all of the initial offers slowly. You need to allow yourself about an hour for each of the first few offers when you start. Allow all of the bets to settle and track your money before moving on to the next offer. This will help you understand how matched betting works. The more bets you place, the easier it will be to understand. And the quicker the whole process will become.
- Place your first few bets when you know you’ll have a chunk of time away from the children. I completed most of the sign up offers in the evenings. If this is difficult, can your partner or a family member look after them for an hour or so?
- It can feel like a right slog when you first start out! The endless forms to complete, time spent finding bets and then double checking everything you’re doing can be a little soul destroying. And it’s likely you’ll question whether matched betting is really for you.
- But persevere! Within a few months you’ll be an experienced matched better. It now takes me next to no time to find and place my bets and it’s easier to squeeze in around the children than it ever has been! I now spend a lot less time matched betting, but for far greater rewards.
FREE TIME IS MATCHED BETTING TIME
- Before I started matched betting, any spare time I had tended to be used doing the housework or looking at my phone for the latest Facebook updates. Now I squeeze in time for matched betting whenever I can. The result is that I do struggle to keep on top of the cleaning. But I’ve never really needed an excuse to avoid that if I’m being honest!
- I found the initial sign up offers more time consuming than the reload offers. So I tended to place these bets in the evenings or on an odd day when a grandparent might have had the children.
- I’m lucky that my son still likes his sleep so I’ll often have an hour or so most lunchtimes to check the current reload offers available. I’ll have a good browse of all the offers and place any relevant bets then.
- Many casino offers have large amounts of wagering attached to them. I’ll normally complete these whilst I’m doing the ironing or cooking dinner. That way, I’m available to activate bonus rounds without having to spend hours sitting in front of a computer. It also has the added advantage of making these chores much more interesting!
SET REALISTIC TARGETS
- If the time you have available for matched betting is limited, it’s important to accept you won’t always be able to get involved in all of the offers available. Instead, set yourself a realistic target for the amount of money you would like to make which correlates to the amount of free time you’re likely to have.
- As a rough guide, you should be able to make up to £500 per month if you can spend a few hours each week matched betting; £1000 per month if you can spare about 2 hours per day; and £1500 based on 3 hours per day.
- I have about 6 hours per week available for matched betting and I aim to make about £500 per month. I’ve made more than £5000 in 9 months so this is definitely achievable. My monthly matched betting diary series will show you how I’ve made this money.
PLAN YOUR TIME CAREFULLY
- There tend to be fewer offers available earlier in the week. As it’s unlikely I’ll complete any offers then I’m more likely to arrange trips out for the day at these times. If I’m short on time but see offers available for a future date I’ll often put them in my diary to remind me to come back to them at a later point.
- Weekends can be the most profitable for matched betting. But I struggle with this because that’s our family time. The family will always take precedence. That’s not to say I’ll never place any bets at the weekend; I simply have to manage it quite carefully. Most of the available offers will be advertised a day or so before. Therefore I’ll often place any qualifying bets on a Friday evening. If I know I’ll be around the house or will have internet access then I take advantage of in-play and accumulator offers at the weekends. But I don’t bother with these offers if I think they might interfere with my weekend plans.
- If, like me, your time is limited at weekends, then it’s important to accept this will affect the amount of money you are able to make. This weekend, for example, is the last one where football offers will be available for some time. However, I’m out and about with the children and simply won’t be able to take advantage of the potentially more profitable offers. This will mean my earnings will be lower than normal.
BE PREPARED FOR MISTAKES
- As simple as matched betting is, it is easy to make mistakes. Experience tells me that this is more likely to happen if you have little children vying for your attention at the same time as you’re placing bets. So I now avoid this!
- This guide about the most common types of mistakes you can make matched betting will help you avoid mistakes and limit their impact.
USE THE PROFIT ACCUMULATOR FORUM
Profit Accumulator’s forum is its biggest selling point. With more than 20,000 active members, it’s a very helpful source of advice. I’ve found answers to all of the questions I’ve ever had about matched betting, simply by using the search function. And it’s full of tips and tricks to help maximise your matched betting income, saving you more time! Each offer has a dedicated section on the forum, and staff and fellow members will reply quickly to any queries or questions you might have.
As you get more experienced and start to tackle the reload offers, it’s important to follow the following threads to help you maximise the amount of money you can make matched betting:
- How to make £1000 a month – shows you all of the offers to complete to guarantee a monthly income of £1000
- How to make £300 a month PART TIME – aimed at people who can only place bets in the evenings or at weekends
- Price Boosts Thread – where members post details of any price boosts they have found, which can make an instant profit
USE TECHNOLOGY TO YOUR ADVANTAGE
When time is short, it’s essential you use technology to help you manage. I find the following helpful:
- Using autofill on your computer makes light work of all the forms you need to complete when signing up for new bookmakers accounts.
- Use your calendar and set reminders on your phone to keep track of your bets. I find this particularly useful when I have accumulators running or need to place some bets in-play.
KEEP TRACK OF YOUR MONEY
- Don’t forget to keep track of all your bets and the money you’re making! This blog post tells you what information you’ll find it helpful to record. I’m an old fashioned girl and love any excuse to buy a new notebook. So I use the traditional pen and paper method. But there are plenty of spreadsheets to help too.
USE A RELIABLE & REPUTABLE MATCHED BETTING SERVICE
- If you only have a very limited amount of time to do matched betting then it’s essential that you sign up to matched betting service like Profit Accumulator. This means I get up to date information about all of the latest matched betting offers in one place, with access to software to help me find and calculate my bets.
- You can read my full review of their service here. I chose to join them because they are very competitively priced and have the largest online community, which provides invaluable support.