Regular readers will know I publish a monthly diary series setting out the amount of money I’ve made matched betting. The purpose is to show how easy it is to make this extra cash. I’ve now been matched betting for 11 months. When I started out, my initial aim was to make about £500 per month from matched betting. I’m pleased to report I met this target nearly three months early. Anything I’m making until the end of June 2017 is a bonus.
I wouldn’t have been able to make this money without the help of Profit Accumulator. The best way to describe them is as a matched betting support service. They tell me which offers are available every day, how much money I’m likely to make, and what bets I need to place. They hold my hand through the entire process which saves me the time and effort! And looking after two young children full-time means I don’t have much spare time. In fact, I’m lucky if I can spare an hour for matched betting every day. Yet I regularly manage to make about £500 per month.
MATCHED BETTING EARNINGS
MAY 2017 – £440.73
- The total amount I made matched betting in May 2017 was £440.73
The latest update to my diary covers May 2017. I started out the month with a massive boost from a large win on a free bingo offer! This was great and meant that I could relax for the rest of the month. I had busy weekends planned with the family so was unable to spare any weekends to do matched betting. Meeting my new nephew and camping with the kids definitely needed to take priority! So I probably did matched betting a maximum of 3-4 hours per week this month.
This is the reason my income from other offers was lower than I’d normally expect. That said, I was disappointed not to hit the £500 mark because I could have done this if I hadn’t made some rookie mistakes. I forgot to lay a leg on an accumulator which cost me £30 and forgot to use £50 worth of free bets before they expired. As this post shows, mistakes can and do happen! Rather than dwell on them, it’s best just to move on to the next offer to start making money again.
With the football season drawing to a close this month, I also expect my matched betting earnings to decrease over the next three months. This is because most of the lucrative offers are attached to placing bets on football matches. I’ll be taking advantage by having a break from matched betting. However, I’ll still be looking to take advantage of any offers that are available. If I can £100 per month until the end of August 2017 I’ll be happy.
MATCHED BETTING EARNINGS TO DATE – £7156.76
So, in the 11 months I’ve now been doing matched betting I have made £7156.76. If you want to learn more about how and when I made this money take a look at my previous earnings reports:
WHICH MATCHED BETTING OFFERS DID I COMPLETE?
So how did I make that money? My experience shows that it’s possible to keep making money from matched betting long after completing all of the initial sign up offers. My guide to reload offers sets out the main type of offers that are available. Most of the money I make comes from checking the offers listed on Profit Accumulator’s website every day.
Here’s a breakdown of the different types of offers I got involved in this month:
BET X, AND GET A FREE BET: £60.58
- These are the standard matched betting offers where you bet a certain amount and get a free bet.
- This is lower than normal simply because most of these offers were available at the weekends. I was out and about with the family every weekend this month which meant it was impractical to place any bets.
CASINO OFFERS: £44.59
- If you’ve not yet completed any casino offers, my introductory guide is worth a read.
- Not all casino offers are risk-free. I tend to tackle the riskier offers when I’m confident of making my £500 monthly matched betting target. And I’ll only ever tend to risk a maximum of £25 at any time.
- It’s helpful that Profit Accumulator crunch the numbers and offer advice about the amount of money you are likely to make and how to approach the offers.
- You shouldn’t rely on casino offers for making money. However, I use them to top up my earnings and am prepared to get involved in the riskier offers if I’m having a good month. As my previous diary entries will show, I have on occasions ended up down as a result of participating in these offers.
- My advice is to think carefully about the amount of money you are prepared to risk and have a go. But always follow Profit Accumulator’s advice and never ever be tempted to try and win back any money you lose by having another go!
PRICE BOOSTS: £63.14
- I like completing price boosts because they are a quick way to make money instantly. The amount of money you can make from enhanced prices can seem very small (only a few pounds at a time, if you are lucky). But as it’s so quick to place the bets this is a very efficient way of making money. And the amount of money you can make adds up very quickly.
FOOTBALL REFUND OFFERS: £15.97
- There are lots of different offers linked to the outcomes of different football games. This includes: when the team you back scores a goal; hitting the crossbar; and losing your bet in the last few minutes of a game.
- There have been two very profitable offers recently where you can get extra earnings if your bet wins and there are more than 4 goals in the game, or where the team you back goes ahead by more than 2 goals.
- To maximise the amount of money you can make from these offers, you need a large amount of money in your bank to place high value back and lay bets. I’ve been weary of doing this as my normal betting stakes are quite low. I don’t want to stand out to the bookmakers, who could then limit my accounts very quickly. However, I have been gradually upping my stakes to take advantage of these offers.
- It’s important to find close matches between the back and lay odds to take full advantage of these offers. As I didn’t have too much time to spare for this, I didn’t take advantage of too many of these offers this month. I did get lucky with more than £50 of free bets from a couple of offers. However, I forgot to use these because I was away camping. This the reason my earnings were lower than I’d normally expect.
HORSE REFUND OFFERS: £10.04
- These are offers where you can get a free bet depending on the outcome of the race and the place where your horse finishes.
- These are riskier offers in that there is no guarantee of a free bet, so you will suffer some qualifying losses.
- I only placed a couple of these types of bets this month so was happy to make this money.
ACCUMULATOR OFFERS: £6.22
- Accumulators can be a very lucrative form of additional income if you have enough time to place and track the bets. This guide tells you how you can make money from these offers.
- Finding and placing these bets is very easy, thanks to the brilliant Acca Catcher tool Profit Accumulator have developed. However, I struggle to then keep track of multiple accas when I have other plans. As most accas will be live at the weekends, this makes it difficult for me to get involved in these offers too often. I wanted to attempt a few this month. This involved me needing to lay some legs off whilst I was out and about. However, I forgot to do this on one match and ended up down by around £30.
- When the football season starts again in August, I’ll make sure I only place these types of bets when I know I’ll be available – and unlikely to be distracted!
BINGO OFFERS: £240.19
- I rarely complete bingo offers. In fact, I have several introductory offers still to complete. While I’m a big fan of the occasional game of bingo, the computerised versions just don’t compare to having your dabber and desperately checking for your numbers.
- That said, I’ll always do any free offers that come along. Although I’ve never had any luck. Until this month! Somehow, I just kept winning whilst wagering through a small bonus I had been given.
- This was a brilliant boost for me and meant I didn’t really feel the need to attempt too many other matched betting offers this month. It’s also given me the impetus to make sure I complete the introductory bingo offers that are still available especially now it’s a quiet time for other matched betting activity.
IS MATCHED BETTING FOR YOU?
If reading my diaries has inspired you to start matched betting, read my guide explaining what matched betting is.
Then I’d recommend signing up for a free trial at Profit Accumulator. They walk you through the matched betting process step by step. With only a few hours spare each week to do matched betting, I find the service Profit Accumulator offers invaluable. They tell me which offers to complete and help me find the bets. This saves me hours searching for offers alone. Instead, my time is focused on making money! Read more about the service Profit Accumulator offers in my full review.
Profit Accumulator’s free trial allows you to make £35-£40 simply by trying a couple of the different introductory offers available. It’s the perfect way to see if matched betting is for you.