My monthly matched betting diaries detail the amount of money I make matched betting each month. What with running this blog, managing some other work I’ve taken on and looking after two young children, I don’t have a lot of spare time for matched betting. However, I still manage to make around £500 per month. By sharing these diary entries I aim to show how this is possible.
If you’re wondering how you can find the time for matched betting, then check out my matched betting daily planner. This sets out the different activities I complete every day to help me stay on top of my matched betting.
MATCHED BETTING EARNINGS
SEPTEMBER 2017 – £450.25
- The total amount I made matched betting in September 2017 was £450.25.
After a quiet summer and time out of the country last month, I was looking forward to making some decent money once again this month.
There were lots of offers available to take part in. However, I didn’t factor in that I had plans every weekend this month. This is when most of the offers are available. So, as the month progressed, I was doubtful whether I’d make anywhere near my £500 target. However, by attempting some reload offers I’d previously dismissed I found that my earnings kept creeping up. I’d previously ignored them because I thought they might involve too much effort for very little reward. However, in reality, they actually didn’t involve too much extra effort at all. The lesson from this is to always attempt as many different offers as possible.
In fact, if I hadn’t had some bad luck on my accumulator bets, I’d have met my target easily. However, I’m more than happy to have only fallen short of the £500 target by only £50. Particularly as my matched betting was limited to a maximum of 4-5 hours each week.
MATCHED BETTING EARNINGS TO DATE – £8382.86
I’ve made a total of £8382.86 since I started matched betting in July 2016.
You might want to look at my previous income reports, which show how and when I’ve made this money:
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- July – September 2016
WHICH MATCHED BETTING OFFERS DID I COMPLETE?
As I’ve been doing matched betting for more than a year now, most of the offers I complete are reload offers. These are the ongoing offers bookmakers have available. These enable you to make money matched betting month after month.
Most days I check the list of offers on Profit Accumulator and also review the ‘How to Make £1000 a Month’ thread on Profit Accumulator’s forum. This ensures I know about new offers as soon as they become available.
This month I was pleasantly surprised that there were lots of offers available with new bookmakers. Completing these offers gave my earnings a real boost.
BET X, AND GET A FREE BET: £106.84
- These are the standard matched betting offers where you bet a certain amount and get a free bet.
- With the football season back in full swing, there were lots of different offers to get involved in this month.
CASINO OFFERS: £113.33
- If you’ve not yet completed any casino offers, I’d recommend you take a look at my introductory guide to casino offers.
- They can be fun, but they can also be time consuming. And there’s no guarantee you’ll make money from them.
- This month, I attempted lots of lower risk offers. While none gave me any substantial wins, the small amounts of money I kept banking slowly added up.
- It is important to remember that not all casino offers are risk-free. Profit Accumulator always analyse each offer and provide guidance about the amount of money you are likely to make and how to approach the offers. I tend to tackle the riskier offers when I’m confident of making my £500 monthly matched betting target. And I’ll only ever tend to risk a maximum of £25 at any one time.
- It’s important not to rely on casino offers alone for making money. However, I use them to top up my earnings and am prepared to get involved in the riskier offers if I’m having a good month. As my previous diary entries show, I have on occasions ended up down as a result of participating in these offers.
- I would advise you to think carefully about the amount of money you want to risk. Then have a go. But always follow Profit Accumulator’s advice and never ever be tempted to try and win back any money you lose by having another go!
REFUND OFFERS: £106.38
- These are offers where you receive a free bet depending on the outcome of match or competition. For example, you might get a free bet if your horse finishes first or second in a race. Or if a football match ends in a 0-0 draw.
- As there is no guarantee of a free bet, these are riskier offers. You will suffer some qualifying losses if the refund trigger does not occur. My guide to the different types of risks involved in matched betting might help you understand more.
NEW OFFERS: £113.95
- I always check the Sportsbook Signup Offers listed on Profit Accumulator every couple of months. There are always new bookmakers emerging onto the market. And most will have lucrative signup offers.
- I was very surprised to see three new bookmaker offers which made me quite a substantial amount of money this month.
- Completing these offers reminded me just how frustrating it can be completing some of the new offers. Many have large rollover requirements attached to them. This can be time consuming and laborious!
- If you’re at that stage, I’d urge you to keep going. Once you complete the signup offers, you will find you understand the matched betting process much more fully. And you’ll be able to complete the offers much quicker. And what’s more, the reload offers rarely involve too much effort. This means the longer you do matched betting, the quicker and easier it is to make money.
PRICE BOOSTS: £55.99
- Price boosts are when bookmakers increase the odds on certain events. These odds will often be higher than the prices on betting exchanges, which means you can make money instantly simply by placing a qualifying and a lay bet.
- I love completing price boosts because they are very quick and easy to do. The amounts of money you can make from price boosts may seem very small – only a few pounds at a time, if that. However, it takes only a couple of minutes to complete the bets. And this money very quickly adds up.
- To stay on top of them I follow the ‘Price Boosts Thread’ on the Profit Accumulator forum. Since some price boosts may only be available for a very short time, this ensures I receive an alert as soon as a boost is posted to the forum.
- Most months I tend to make between £50-£100 from price boosts alone. There seemed to be fewer profitable price boosts available this month. But this may be due to the fact that I didn’t do any matched betting at the weekends.
ACCUMULATOR OFFERS: -£41.24
- I recently wrote a guide about making money from accumulator bets.
- With the return of the football season, I was hoping to do more accumulator bets. However, I didn’t anticipate that most bookmakers would either withdraw their offers or significantly alter their terms and conditions.
- While there are still lots of offers available, it will be much harder to make significant amounts of money from them. This is particularly the case for me, as I don’t have a great deal of extra time to track and stay on top of my accumulator bets, especially if my weekends are busy.
- That said, there is still money to be made. So I decided to undertake a few different offers this month.
- My usual approach is to use the normal method and hope for a refund if only one leg loses. I will usually underlay each leg to reduce my qualifying losses. And if that team loses I will then swap to the refund lock in method to guarantee a small profit.
- This didn’t work out on any of the accumulators I attempted this month. Firstly, I had a run of bad luck in that the lay odds drifted for nearly all of my selections. This meant my qualifying losses racked up quite significantly. So when I had a loser towards the end of each accumulator I decided to take a chance for the refund (as it would have been impossible to make a profit from the lock in method by that stage). Unfortunately, luck wasn’t on my side as all of those last legs also lost.
- This has burnt me a little. It certainly is possible to make money from accumulator bets. But you will also make some losses. So I think it is probably best to do these types of bets only if you can place lots of them at the same time. It will then be easier to mitigate against your qualifying losses.
- As I simply don’t have the time to do this, I think I might take a little break from accumulators for now.
- I’ve previously written about how easy it is to make mistakes when you do matched betting.
- This month’s error was unfortunately caused by my rogue desktop computer. It’s got a very sensitive touch screen and mouse pad which inadvertently selected a completely different bet than I was planning to choose. In my rush to get the bet placed, I didn’t double check what I was doing. So I backed the wrong selection. It was quite a large bet, which I had to cash out, costing me £5.
- So now I’m being extra cautious when I’m using the computer to place bets!
IS MATCHED BETTING FOR YOU?
If reading my diaries has inspired you to start matched betting, read my guide explaining what matched betting is.
Then I’d recommend signing up for a free trial with Profit Accumulator. They walk you through the matched betting process step by step. The free trial allows you to make £35-£40 simply by trying a couple of the different introductory offers available. It’s the perfect way to see if matched betting is for you.
With only a few hours spare each week to do matched betting, I find the service they offer invaluable. Profit Accumulator tells me which offers to complete and help me find the bets. This saves me hours searching for offers alone. Instead, I focus on making money! My Profit Accumulator review has lots more information about the service they provide.