Towards the end of last year I started my regular series of posts about how much money I’m making from matched betting. This is the latest instalment covering my matched betting earnings in January 2017.
The purpose of these updates is to show just how much it’s possible to earn from matched betting in your spare time. I’m a full time mum of two. With an 18-month-old boy who’s into everything, I don’t have much spare time! I’m lucky if I can spend 6 hours per week in total matched betting. Yet I manage to make about £500 per month. By sharing how I can do it, I hope to convince people that matched betting is suitable for anyone. With the support of Profit Accumulator, it’s possible to make money long-term from matched betting.
I’m lucky if I can spend 6 hours per week in total matched betting. Yet I manage to make about £500 per month.
BACK TO MATCHED BETTING AFTER A BREAK
The canny among you will realise there’s a month missing since my last update when I reported my matched betting earnings up to the end of November 2016. That’s because I took December off to focus on enjoying Christmas. I loved my time away but, by early January, I was keen to get back to matched betting.
It took me a while to get back into the swing of things. It struck me that there weren’t as many reload offers available as I’d normally expect to see. I’d read that this was quite normal for the time of year and discussions with fellow matched betters confirmed this. Therefore, while I was disappointed not to meet my £500 target this month, I was grateful to make as much as I did!
MATCHED BETTING EARNINGS
JANUARY 2017 – £407.26
- The total amount I made matched betting in January 2017 was £407.26.
When I started matched betting my aim was to make roughly £500 per month. I’ve beaten this most months. So I’m still on track to make this over the course of my first year matched betting!
Most offers are linked to major sporting events. As there wasn’t too much happening in January, it’s not surprising there were fewer offers available. The plus side of this is that I didn’t spend as much time matched betting, leaving me with more time to myself. Looking back over the month I probably spent about 4 hours per week matched betting on average. For the effort involved, I’m chuffed to have been able to make more than £400. That works out to more than £25 per hour. Not bad considering I can make this money at home, at times that suit me and my children.
I’m chuffed to have been able to make more than £400. That works out to more than £25 per hour.
MATCHED BETTING EARNINGS TO DATE – £4664.61
So, in the eight months I’ve now been doing matched betting I have made an impressive £4664.61. If you want to learn more about how and when I made this money take a look at my previous earnings reports:
WHICH MATCHED BETTING OFFERS DID I COMPLETE?
So how did I make that money? Here’s a breakdown of the different types of offers I got involved in through January 2017:
BET X, AND GET A FREE BET: £283.59
- These are the bread and butter matched betting offers where you bet a certain amount and get a free bet.
- Profit Accumulator list all of the reload offers you can continue to get involved in long after completing the bookmaker sign up offers. Most of my earnings come from checking this list most days.
- It’s also worth checking back to the sign up offers listed on Profit Accumulator every month or so. Some bookmakers change their introductory offers. So this month I found £50 worth of offers with bookmakers I hadn’t previously signed up to.
CASINO OFFERS: £10.93
- After taking a hit the last time I completed some casino offers, I was weary of completing them. So this relatively small amount of money was made from completing only the risk-free offers that were available this month.
- If you’ve not yet completed any casino offers, my introductory guide is worth a read. Not all casino offers are risk-free but they are definitely worth attempting. Profit Accumulator crunch the numbers and offer advice about the amount of money you are likely to make and how to approach the offers. I’ve now made more than a few hundred pounds from these offers alone.
- My advice is to think carefully about the amount of money you are prepared to risk and have a go. This month I didn’t want to take any risks, especially as there were fewer matched betting offers available. However, some months I will risk up to £20 if an offer looks like it is good value.
ACCUMULATOR REFUNDS: £31.01
- These are offers where you get a free bet if one leg of an accumulator – where you bet on a few different results as part of the same bet – loses.
- I didn’t complete many accumulator offers this month so this wasn’t a bad return. I’m still finding my way with these types of bets. They do offer an extra way to make money but they can be time consuming, especially if you want to earn larger amounts of money. If you’re a little confused by these types of offers, I’ll be completing an introductory guide to accumulator bets soon.
PRICE BOOSTS: £31.78
- I like completing price boosts because they are a quick way to make money instantly. The amount of money you can make from enhanced prices can seem very small (only a few pounds at a time, if you are lucky). But as it’s so quick to place the bets this is a very efficient way of making money. And the amount of money you can make adds up very quickly.
- I purposely didn’t take advantage of too many enhanced odds this month. That’s because the bookmakers will limit the amount of money you can place on these types of bets if they think you might be abusing them.
MUG BETS: -£14.59
- I should perhaps have placed more mug bets this month. When you rely on reload offers for your matched betting income it’s important to look after your accounts to still be able to take advantage of offers. This is something I need to improve on to look like more of a normal betting customer.
FOOTBALL REFUND OFFERS: £64.54
- There are lots of different offers attached to football games where you can get free bets in a variety of circumstances. This includes: when the team you back scores a goal; hitting the crossbar; losing your bet in the last few minutes of a game.
- I started to get more involved in these types of offers over the last month and was impressed with the results.
IS MATCHED BETTING FOR YOU?
If reading my diaries has inspired you to start matched betting, read my guide explaining what matched betting is.
Then I’d recommend signing up for a free trial at Profit Accumulator. They walk you through the matched betting process step by step. With only a few hours spare each week to do matched betting, I find the service Profit Accumulator offers invaluable. They tell me which offers to complete and help me find the bets. They save me hours of work which means my time is instead focused on making money! You can read more about the service Profit Accumulator offers in my review.
Profit Accumulator’s free trial allows you to make £35-£40 simply by trying a couple of the different introductory offers available. It’s the perfect way to see if matched betting is for you.