February. It’s not really up there as the best month of the year. So far, it’s been cold, dark, damp and miserable. Winter is dragging on and the warmer days of Spring still seem a very long way off. What with the credit card bills from Christmas also being due, it’s all a bit depressing.
However, I’ve got the perfect pick me up. How does the prospect of making some extra cash from the comfort and warmth of your own home sound?
Matched betting allows me to make extra money from home, working around my kids. It’s perfect for anyone who has a little spare time. Since I started six months ago, I’ve made more than £4000. Don’t tell me that extra money wouldn’t give you a welcome mid-winter boost? In fact, it could go a long way towards paying for a warm and sunny holiday this summer.
MATCHED BETTING IS NOT A SCAM
Sounds far too good to be true doesn’t it? I can assure you it’s not a scam. It’s been tried and tested by journalists at The Telegraph and Huffington Post. And here’s what The Guardian has to say about it:
“With bookmakers offering ‘free bets’ to tempt new customers, you can play the system and pocket hundreds of pounds – with little risk to your own cash” (The Guardian, June 2010)
Despite its name, matched betting doesn’t involve you betting or gambling in the traditional sense. Instead, you can take advantage of the free bets bookmakers give out as incentives for you to sign up with them. Instead of leaving it to chance, by following a set process you can make at least 70% of the value of those free bets every time.
How does it work?
It is actually very simple to play the system and make money from free bet offers. But it does take time to get your head around how and why it works.
- Sign up to an online bookmaker which is offering a free bet for new customers.
- Sign up to a betting exchange website. These sites let you bet against the outcome of a particular game or match.
- Place a qualifying bet. Don’t simply choose a random bet which could win or lose. Instead, you need to place 2 bets – 1 for and 1 against the same outcome. This means backing a bet with a bookmaker and also laying against that outcome with a betting exchange. By doing this, all the outcomes are covered. This means that when the match or game finishes you will get your money back.
- The bookmaker will then award you a free bet.
- Repeat the same process with the free bet. You need to place 2 bets both for and against the same outcome. Once again, you’ll get your money back. But as this was free money given to you by the bookmaker in the first place you actually make the value of the free bet so will be in profit.
- As you always back and lay against the same outcome there’s never a chance for your money to be lost.
RISK FREE & TAX FREE
Matched betting is a RISK FREE way of making extra money. What’s more, all the money you make is TAX FREE.
To learn more about how it works this video tutorial explains more about matched betting.
By following this simple method, you can always make at least 70% of the value of the free bets offered by bookmakers. There are more than 50 bookmakers in the UK with introductory offers worth well over £2000. This means there’s at least £1500 to be made simply by signing up to them.
The great thing about matched betting is that the bookmakers want you to continue betting with them once you’ve signed up so there are ongoing reload offers all the time. If you want, you can carry on making between £500-£1000 a month if you can spare 1-2 hours a day.
How do I get started?
It’s possible for you to research all of the offers that are available, analyse their terms and conditions, and look manually for bets where the back and lay odds are the same or very close. But this takes an awful lot of time!
If you’re anything like me, the whole matched betting world can also seem very complicated and a little daunting. Before I started matched betting, my experience of bookmakers was very limited, apart from an annual visit to place a bet on the National (which other customers or the cashier helped me work out how to do). Not to mention that as a mum of a 1 and 4-year-old, I really don’t have much spare time to do all this on my own.
Instead, I found Profit Accumulator. This site spoon feeds me all of the information I need. It tells me what offers are available, helps me find suitable bets, and talks me through placing the back and lay bets. They offer a free trial where you get access to the training and tutorials for 2 offers, from which you will easily make £35-£40. I’ve done a full review of the service they provide.
If you do decide to take the plunge and give it a go then do check out the rest of this site for top tips and advice. I feel a great deal of responsibility if people start matched betting as a result of what I’ve written so I want this to be a useful resource for people. The top tips for getting started, frequently asked questions and a guide to the terminology of this strange land are a great place to start. You can also follow my matched betting progress in my monthly diaries.